Since 1993 SOAA has run a youth Football and Cheerleading program with the South Orange Bears Football & Cheerleading Teams. The South Orange Bears are proud to be fostered, under the nationally acclaimed organization known as Pop Warner. Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play. Locally, we participate under the South Division of Mid Florida Pop Warner league.
The South Orange Athletic Association (SOAA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1993 that aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using the principles of Positive Coaching
- Has fun at practices and games
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance
- Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player and a person
- Provide our youth with organized competition in a safe environment
- Bring our youth closer together through common interest in sportsmanship and competition
- Instill the importance of education
- Acquaint the young athletes with the fundamentals of football as derived by the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA).
- Acquaint cheerleaders with the stunt and skills needed to compete in Cheerleading Competition.
- Teach our youth life skills such as sportsmanship, discipline, honesty, perseverance, integrity and respect that will make them better players, but most of all better people.
We recognize that coaches are the people who most directly make this all possible. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a Positive Coach. We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, fans, officials and athletes work together to achieve our mission.
Meet Our Board